Our Core Functions are:
- Constructing, upgrading, rehabilitating and maintaining Roads under its control.
- Controlling Urban road reserves and access to roadside Developments.
- Implementing roads policies in relation to Urban roads.
- Ensuring adherence by motorists to the rules and guidelines on axle load control prescribed under the Traffic Act and under any regulations under this Act.
- Ensuring that the quality of road networks is in accordance with such standards as may be defined by the Minister.
- In collaboration with the Ministry responsible for transport and the police department, overseeing the management of traffic and road safety on urban roads.
- Monitoring and evaluating the use of urban roads.
- Planning the development and Maintenance of urban roads.
- Collecting and collating all such data related to the use of urban roads as may be necessary for efficient forward planning under the Roads Act.
- Preparing the road works programs for all urban roads.
- Liaising and coordinating with other road authorities in planning and on operations in respect of roads.
- Advising the Minister on all issues relating to urban roads.
- Performing such other functions related to the implementation of the Roads Act as may be directed by the Minister